GreenLight Laser™ Now Available from Matthew S. Lief, MD
GreenLight Laser™ is another treatment option for men with an enlarged prostate. It uses a high-energy laser that "vaporizes" excess prostatic tissue blocking normal urine flow. An oupatient procedure that takes 20 to 50 minutes to perform, GreenLight Laser provides long-lasting, and often, immediate relief to symptoms caused by an enlarged prostate.
Symptoms of Enlarged Prostate
- Frequent urination, especially at night
- Weak urine stream
- Hesitancy when voiding
- Bladder not emptying completely
GreenLight Laser™ Benefits
- Provides long-lasting and often immediate relief
- Has minimal side effects and quick recovery
- Is performed as an outpatient procedure
- Takes 20 to 50 minutes to perform (depending on size of prostate)
- There is also less chance for needing a catheter after treatment with the GreenLight Laser.
Dr. Matthew Lief is among the first physicians to perform GreenLight Laser in the Coral Springs, Florida, area. He provides a variety of treatment options for men with an enlarged prostate, from standard surgery, to newer approaches that can be performed in-office or as an outpatient procedure.
To learn more about the GreenLight Laser, visit Laserscope.
To view a video clip of the high-powered Green Light Laser procedure, visit Green Light Laser procedure.